Mountaineer| Explorer| Guide | Founder
Kai is a climber and adventure traveller at heart. He has been organising expeditions since he was in high school. He has joined high profile expeditions including the Mike Horn Pangaea Expedition. While his thirst for bigger objectives has stayed strong, Kai has worked to use his expedition as a positive contribution to environmental and social projects, such has his KAPE 2 Expedition, where he has strived to have a minimal environmental impact while still contributing to social initiatives and climbing big mountains. Kai is based at the foot of Table Mountain where he spends most of his free time.
- 2009: Kilimanjaro (5895m) Epilepsy Youth Awareness campaign, Tanzania
- 2010 (July): North Face Mount Elbrus Expedition (5642m), Russia
- 2010(May-end of June): The PANGAEA Mike Horn Young Explorers Expedition, Himalayas
- 2012: KAPE 2 KENYA 2012 Expedition
- 2014: KAPE 2 ATACAMA 2014: Expedition
- 2014-2015: Field technician for The Karoo Predator Project, South Africa
- 2016: Cape Town 2 Kalahari Solo cycle
- 2019: Big Wall Trip to Taghia, Morocco
- Awards and Qualifications:
- Winner: The Night-Jar Adventure of the year Readers Choice 2013.
- UCT Sports Awards 2018: Achieved Full Colours for Sport Climbing from The Mountain & Ski Club at The University of Cape Town.
- NQF/AQN: Mountain, Trekking, Multi-pitch Rock Climbing leader
- MDT Mountain Guide (specialised in Abseiling and Multi-pitch rock climbing leader)
- B.A. Languages, Economic and African History (Major) – University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa